Fashionable/Stylish Wheelchair clothing tips for paraplegics :
- If you find a shirt you LOVE – Look to see if they make it in petite. Since we are always sitting, long shirts just ad bulk and make us look bigger than we really are!
- TRY and avoid TOO short shorts and look for longer “boardwalk” or “bermuda” shorts; sitting will natually cause the shorts to rise making them shorter than they would be on someone standing.
- If you are “Average” height, buy our pants “LONG” – just like shorts they tend to “ride” and come up above the ankle insead of resting fashionably at the shoe.
- My wedding dress was a 2-piece. No Tugging!! You know what I mean, right?! Dresses have a tendency to tug and pull in back, making it uncomfortable!
- WEAR Skirts and a cute top instead of dresses. More options and NO Tugging.
- Go crazy wtih all the cute ballet flats that are out right now, while you still can! I know the Push Girls are wearing heels but I haven’t been able to pull it off yet, and I guess very few of you have either.
- Maternity shirts are HUGE and unless you get really big while pregnant, regular shirts may fit you better, once again, since we are sitting “normal” shirts tend to look long on us.